The Use of Cryopreserved Sperm and Pre-embryos In Contemporary Jewish Law and Ethics
Richard V. Grazi, MD
Joel B. Wolowelsky, PhD
- Ethics Committee of the American Fertility Society: Ethical considerations of the new reproductive technologies. Fertil Steril. 53:6 Suppl 2, 1990.
- Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith: Instruction on respect for human life in its origin and on the dignity of procreation. Vatican Press, 1987.
- Ethics Committee of the American Fertility Society: Ethical considerations of assisted reproductive technologies. Fertil Steril. 62:5 Suppl 1, 1994.
- Grazi RV, Wolowelsky JB: Multifetal pregnancy reduction and disposal of untransplanted embryos in contemporary Jewish law and ethics. Am J Obstet Gynecol 165:1268-1271, 1991.
- Grazi RV, Wolowelsky JB: Donor Gametes for Assisted Reproduction in Contemporary Jewish Law and Ethics. Assisted Reproduction Reviews 2(3):154-160, 1992.
- Grazi RV, Wolowelsky JB: Preimplantation sex selection and genetic screening in contemporary Jewish law and ethics. J Asst Reproduc Genetics 9(4):318-322, 1992.
- Grazi RV, Wolowelsky JB: Homologous Artificial Insemination (AIH) and Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer (GIFT) in Roman Catholicism and Halakhic Judaism. Int J Fertil 38(2):75-78, 1993.
- Dans PE. Reproductive technology: drawing the line. Obstet Gynecol 79:191-5, 1992.
- Avraham AS. Nismat Avraham: Even Ha-ezer/Hoshen Mishpat. Jerusalem, 5747 (1987): 5-16; vol. 4, 5751 (1991): 179-186.
- Steinberg A: Encyclopedia hilkhatit refuit, vol. 1, Jerusalem: Shaare Zedek Hospital Schlesinger Institute, 1988, pp. 148-161.
- Feldman DM, Rosner F, eds.: Compendium on medical ethics. NY: Medical Ethics Committee of the Federation of Jewish Philanthropies of NY, 1984.
- Lichtenstein A: Abortion: a halakhic perspective. Tradition 25(4):3-13, 1991.
- Jakobovits Y: Male infertility: halakhic issues. In Grazi RV, ed.: Be fruitful and multiply: fertility therapy and the Jewish tradition. Jerusalem: Genesis Jerusalem Press, 1994, pp. 55-78.
- McCarthy DG: Infertility Bypassed. Ethics and Medics. March 1986, 11(3), p. 4.
- McCarthy DG: TOTS is for Kids. Ethics and Medics. December 1988, 13(12), p. 2.
- Bakshi-Doron E: A serious question regarding storing [cryopreserved] sperm in order to be able to fulfill [the religious obligation of] procreation. Assia 11(4) (no.44): 34-39, 1988.
- Malakh D: Cryopreserving sperm in order to fulfill the religious obligation of procreation. Assia 13(3-4) (nos. 51-52): 183-185, 1992.
- Sushard TsSh: Cryopreserving sperm in order to fulfill the religious obligation of procreation. Assia 13(3-4) (nos. 51-52): 72-74, 1992.
- Kurtstag M: Regarding Cryopreserving sperm in order to fulfill the religious obligation of procreation. Assia 13(3-4) (nos. 51-52): 75-79, 1992.
- Ohl DA: The use of electroejaculation for ejaculatory abnormalities. In Whitehead D and Nagler H: Management of impotence and infertility. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott, 1994, pp. 294-313.
- Jakobovits J: Brain death and heart transplants: the Israeli chief rabbinate's directives. Tradition 24(4): 1-14, 1989.
- Yisraeli Sh: Paternity in [cases of] artificial insemination. Torah shebe-al peh, 33: 41-46, 1993.
- Yisraeli Sh: Opinions of the Eretz Hemda Institute. December 23, 1993, January 5, 1994.
- Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 1990, s. 28(6)(b).
- Uniform status of children of assisted conception act 1988, s. 4. National conference of commissioners on uniform state laws and the American law institute.
- Morgan D and Lee RG: Blac